Sour Cream Pound Cake is rich, tender, buttery and perfect for any occasion. This cake is very tasty, and you don’t need a lot of toppings, just a fork to eat it with.
Sour cream cake recipe وصفة
This is the best sour cream cake I’ve ever tasted! It is moist, smooth and has the best flavor with a blend of butter, vanilla and tangy sour cream. Pound cake has a rich flavor that doesn’t need a bunch of fancy toppings or sauces to make it taste even better. This sour cream cake is luscious in its own right. This makes this pound cake one of the best choices to take to a party or dining. You can bring this cake in all its simple glory and it will be devoured, it is so good!
You may be wondering why the name pound cake. When this cake first came out it contained a pound of butter, sugar, eggs, and flour. It was a dense, rich cake with a lovely flavour. Over time, cake recipes have adapted, preserving flavor and texture but giving them a bit of a lift. There are many variations including some other favourites, blueberry lemonAnd the Cream cheese pound, And the Glazed lemon fairy Cakes among others. This sour cream cake has to remain one of my favorites. It’s fun for the audience guaranteed!
Sour cream cake ingredients
Essential nutrients combine to make a great cake.
- All-purpose flour: This is the best flour for this dense cake.
- Baking soda: leavening agent to help it rise.
- salt: Balances it out sweet.
- unsalted butter: room temperature or softened
- granulated sugar: Good sweet white sugar is what makes this cake!
- eggsYou will need 6 eggs at room temperature.
- sour cream: Add the signature tang and moisture.
- Vanilla: flavor enhancer.
How to make sour cream cake
In no time you’ll have this in the oven ready to bake.
- Preparation: Preheat your oven to 325. Prepare a filling tray using a paper towel to cover it with ghee and lightly sprinkle flour (or granulated sugar) over it. Avoid using butter, as the solid milk in the butter will cause the cake to stick rather than release it.
- Dry Ingredients: Sift the flour with baking soda and salt and set aside.
- wet ingredients: In a mixer, beat butter and sugar until mixture is light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Collecting: On low speed add flour mixture and sour cream, alternating between the two. Add the vanilla and mix until just barely combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 80 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out completely clean.
- Fabulous: Allow the cake to cool for a few minutes before inverting the cake onto a cooling rack. Wait 5 to 8 minutes before trying to lift the pan off the cake. Leave it to cool completely.
- summit: Sprinkle with powdered sugar or the glaze of your choice and enjoy.
Tips for the best sour cream pound cake
I love that you don’t have to top this cake to make it amazing. It saves me time and worry!
- Room temperature ingredients: If you follow my blog, you know that when it comes to baking more often than not, the ingredients should be at room temperature. This means that you need to remove eggs, butter, and even sour cream from the refrigerator well in advance so that they can heat up. It’s an important step to make sure the cake batter is smooth and fully incorporated.
- Prepare the frying pan: The worst thing ever is baking a cake and not taking it cleanly out of the pan. To avoid this and take out your cake every time. Using a paper towel dipped in ghee, cover the inside of the pan well, making sure all the grooves are in. Then put half a cup of flour inside and roll the tray around to allow the flour to cover the entire interior. dispose of the excess. Do not use butter. This can cause your cake to stick.
- Generous: Make sure you take the time to mix the butter and egg mixture well, and cream well, don’t mix.
- Barely collected: When adding the flour mixture, mix until combined. You don’t want to get overly confused at this point.
- Do not overcook: You don’t want to dry out the sour cream cake, so cook it until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Fabulous: Let it cool for 10-15 minutes before removing it from the pan for the best chance of removal.
Differences when making sour cream cake
Very tasty and tart, you can vary it to your liking.
- Believe: We love the look of bundt cake but you can make it in loaf tins, pie tins, or even a 9×13 skillet. If you’re cooking in a pie pan or a 9×13 skillet, start by cooking for 45 minutes and then check adding time as needed.
- Flavors: Experiment with the flavor by changing the vanilla with different flavors such as almond, orange, or buttery rum.
- covers: All you need is just a sprinkle of powdered sugar but you can add a variety of toppings to your liking. Favorites include berries, sliced fruit, whipped topping, citrus glaze, nuts, and jam, all of which make excellent toppings.
How to store a homemade cake
- storage: This will store tightly wrapped at room temperature for 3-4 days. You can keep it for a few days in the refrigerator, but bring it to room temperature before serving.
- Freeze: Sour cream cake is a beautiful cake for freezing. They are kept for up to 3 months tightly wrapped in plastic and foil, then placed in a freeze-safe bag.
Heat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Bring pan package Using a paper towel to coat the inside with ghee and lightly sprinkle flour (or granulated sugar) on top of it. Avoid using butter, as the solid milk in the butter will cause the cake to stick rather than release it.
Sift the flour with baking soda and salt and set aside.
at BlenderBeat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
On low speed add flour mixture and sour cream, alternating between the two. Add the vanilla and mix until just barely combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 80 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out completely clean.
Let the cake cool for a few minutes before it cools down Rack. Wait 5 to 8 minutes before trying to lift the pan off the cake. Leave it to cool completely.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar or the glaze of your choice and enjoy.
Calories519Calories (26%)Carbohydrates75G (25%)protein7G (14%)Fat22G (34%)Saturated fat13G (65%)Unsaturated fats1GCholesterol144Mg (48%)sodium197Mg (8%)potassium102Mg (3%)the basic1G (4%)sugar51G (57%)Vitamin A727IU (15th%)Vitamin C1Mg (1%)Calcium45Mg (5%)iron2Mg (11%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will differ depending on the brands you use, the methods of measurement, and portion sizes for each household.