This site may contain affiliate links and advertisements so that we can serve you recipes. read my private policy.
These tried-and-true sourdough pancakes are fluffy and delicious! It pairs well with any toppings you have on hand and has a hint of sweetness which makes adding maple syrup the final touch of heaven!
If you’re looking for a super easy and delicious sourdough pie recipe, you’ve come to the right place! These are quick and easy to prepare (once you have a file Sourdough starter Ready!) Pair this with a file scrambled eggs and our heavens Bacon And you are ready for a breakfast that is sure to impress you!
If you are looking for a recipe to help ease your fear of baking sourdoughThen you have come to the right place! Sourdough is less intimidating than you might think and can create some of the most delicious recipes for you. Sourdough breathes life into a dish and helps it develop its flavour. These pancakes are light and fluffy with a hint of sweetness that will keep you coming back for more.
Because you will need Sourdough starter (or ignore), these pies take a little prep work beforehand but once you’re in the kitchen baking them, it’s a quick and easy recipe we know you’ll love!! We liked these pancakes so much. Try to top them with Maple syrup These will easily become a family favorite!!
What you need for sourdough pancakes
Once you make this recipe, you’ll want to thank us later! It uses up all your essential nutrients and is one of those delicious treats that constantly stays in your meal rotation. Trust us when we say you won’t be able to cook it fast enough on the griddle to keep up! See recipe card below for full measurements.
- precise: Flour binds all ingredients together
- Baking powder, baking soda, salt: Combined, these three help create moisture in the pancakes.
- sugar: Adding sugar in this recipe keeps things sweet.
- Sourdough starter or disposal: This is an essential ingredient in this recipe. Acting as a natural yeast, it greatly adds to the flavor and texture.
- Leben: Milk is necessary to dissolve the flour and start making the complete mixture.
- an egg: The eggs in the recipe allow for bubbles and help the pancakes rise. It is best to leave the eggs outside at room temperature and beat them.
- ghee: It is better to use melted unsalted butter.
How to make sourdough pancakes easily
Don’t let the use of sourdough scare you! This recipe is quick and easy to prepare! You will wonder why you were ever so nervous to bake with sourdough in the first place!
- Start with the dry ingredientsGrab a large mixing bowl and whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar. These are all dry ingredients and will be the basis of the recipe!
- The wet ingredients are the following: After you whisk all the dry ingredients together, in a separate medium bowl or liquid measuring cup, mix Sourdough starterMilk, eggs, butter and whisk until homogeneous.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients: Pour wet ingredients over mixture and blend until combined. Don’t get over-confused! It should be a little lumpy.
- fanatical advice: If you want to gain a little more flavor from sourdough, stop here and store this mixture on your counter overnight and it will ferment and have a distinct sourdough flavor. If you don’t want to, skip this step and keep mixing!
- Let’s flip those pancakes over: Spray a preheated tray (325°-350°) with some non-stick cooking spray. pour & frac13; cup pancake mixture and cook until boiling over top, about 2 minutes. Once bubbles begin to appear and the pancake turns golden brown, flip and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. They are finished once they are golden brown on the bottom.
- Serve and enjoy! It’s time to decorate your favorite pancake toppings and enjoy the fruits of your labor!
Best sourdough pie tips
There are a few things that can take this recipe to the next level and we have some tips that will help you with that! These pancakes are so delicious that you’ll want to make sure you follow these additional tips and you’ll be baking like a real chef in no time!
- How to mix: Make sure that once all the ingredients come together, don’t over mix the mixture. This will result in sticky or sticky pancakes.
- melting butter: After the butter has melted, allow it to cool (but still liquid). This will make the mixture not contain large lumps!
- Sourdough starter (or discard!): Make sure to prepare this in advance. the Sourdough starter It’s an essential base for the batter you’ll need ready when you start mixing all the ingredients together!
- cooking surface: It is best to cook pancakes on a non-stick tray or flat surface.
- cooking temperature: Try to cook these pancakes on low heat. This will prevent you from burning the outside of the pie while the inside remains uncooked.
- covers: Adding different toppings will make this dish taste new every time! Try adding maple syrup, strawberry sauce, yogurt, fresh fruit, and chopped nuts. Add as many as you like to make this recipe your own!
How to store homemade sourdough pancakes easily
The best part about sourdough pancakes is that you can store some toppings in the fridge or freezer to enjoy later! It tastes just like the day you made it and is an easy way to make 2 meals in 1!
- cooling: Once cooked, place in an airtight container and can keep in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
- freezer: Lay each pie flat on parchment paper on a tray and place in the freezer for 2 hours (do not stack). Take them out and put them all together in an airtight bag. Or you can wrap each pie individually in plastic wrap, put them together in a bag, and then freeze. You can freeze it for up to 3 months.
- Reheat: To reheat the pancakes, you can simply put them in the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute until heated through, add your toppings and enjoy!
in a large bowl whisk Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
in a medium bowl or liquid measuring cupCombine sourdough starter, milk, eggs and butter and whisk until combined. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry and mix until combined. It should be a little lumpy.
From here you have the option to cook the pancakes on the spot, or you can cover the dough and leave it on the counter overnight to ferment and get the distinct flavor of the sourdough.
On tray Heat to 325°-350° and spray with cooking spray, pour ⅓ cup pancake mixture and cook until boiling over top, about 2 minutes. Flip and let cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, or until golden brown on the bottom.
Serve with your favorite pancake toppings and enjoy.
Calories422Calories (21%)carbohydrates61g (20%)protein12g (24%)fat14g (22%)Saturated fat8g (40%)unsaturated fats1gMonounsaturated fat4gunsaturated fats1gcholesterol123mg (41%)sodium637mg (27%)potassium407mg (12%)the basic2g (8%)sugar13g (14%)Vitamin A521IU (10%)Calcium199mg (20%)iron4mg (22%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, methods of measurement, and portion sizes for each household.