Buffalo hummus salad is great when you want a meat-free lunch. It has all the flavors of buffalo wings, but it’s much healthier!
Buffalo chickpea salad
This spicy chickpea salad is made with canned chickpeas in a spicy creamy buffalo sauce made with Greek yogurt, Frank Red hot, lemon juice, and tahini. Then the chickpeas are topped with crunchy carrots, celery, and delicious and spicy blue cheese. Buffalo flavor is one of my favorites, and I have it Tons of buffalo recipes On my site. I also love the hummus salad! For differences, try my country Hummus salad with cucumber and tomato, Chickpea and avocado salad, Or my own Greek chickpea salad.
You can throw anything in buffalo sauce and it’ll be delicious! Buffalo chickpea salad is easy to prepare and inexpensive. It’s great for preparing meals and easy to double up if you need leftovers.
How to prepare meals
To prepare the meal, cook the chickpeas, add the carrots and celery and cover the mixture with the sauce. Squeeze lemon juice over the rest of the carrots and celery. Store chickpeas and vegetables in separate containers and refrigerate them for up to four days.
How to serve
The serving possibilities are endless with the buffalo chickpea salad. I like it more than lettuce to make a wrap, but you can eat it in many ways.
- Lettuce wrap. Wrap it with lettuce – like a salad with your hands.
- Tortilla rolls. Make buffalo chickpea rolls using your favorite tortilla.
- Sandwich Sandwich between your favorite wholegrain bread.
- Appetizer Use as a dip with tortilla chips or raw vegetables, such as bell pepper and cucumber slices.
- Right out of the fridge. Eat it as it is with a spoon.
- Make it a bowl! Make a bowl of buffalo chickpeas and serve over brown rice or quinoa and add vegetables, such as tomatoes and avocado.
- Blue cheese is traditional but can easily be omitted or replaced with something milder, like gorgonzola if this isn’t your thing.
- Make this salad dairy-free by using dairy-free yogurt and skipping the cheese.
More buffalo recipes you’ll love:
Buffalo chickpea salad
- 15th- ounce Hummus can, Drained and rinsed (or 1 1/2 cups cooked)
- 1/2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 Glass Carrot cubes, Divided (large carrot)
- 1/3 Glass Chopped celery, Divided (about 1 large stalks), plus celery leaves for garnish
- 3 Tablespoon Frank Red Hot Original
- 1 Tablespoon Plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon Plus 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice, divided
- 1/2 Tablespoon Tahina
- 1/4 Glass Crunchy blue cheese, My choice
- Romaine or Pepper leaves to serve
Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and add oil.
Once it starts blinking, add the chickpeas, spread them in a single layer, and let them cook without interference for one to two minutes, or until they are slightly brown.
Stir and add the garlic and salt and cook for another minute.
Transfer the chickpeas to a large bowl and add a quarter cup of carrots and a quarter cup of celery.
Add frank chunks, yogurt, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and tahini. Stir gently until combined.
In a separate bowl, mix the remaining cubes of celery and carrots with half a teaspoon of lemon juice and set aside.
To serve hummus, top it with blue cheese (if used), celery and preserved carrots, and a large handful of celery leaves. Place the salad on a lettuce leaf, then roll it and dig in.
service: 16 / Recipe, Calories: 222Calories, Carbohydrates: 27G, protein: 10.5G, Fat: 8G, Saturated fat: 2.5G, Cholesterol: 9Mg, sodium: 978Mg, the basic: 6G, sugar: 2.5G
Blue Smart Points: 3
Green Smart Points: 6
Purple Smart Dots: 3