This site may contain affiliate links and advertisements so that we can serve you recipes. read my private policy.
Garlic, butter and shrimp. It doesn’t get much tastier than those three ingredients! Combine them together and you’ll have a melt in your mouth, and your lips taste the kind of food you’ll come back to over and over again!
I love the wonderful taste of this dish. Shrimp are juicy and dripping with flavour. try this asparagusAnd Broccoli, or rice With this shrimp, you will experience a totally delicious meal for your taste buds!
Shrimp with butter and garlic recipe
Let’s talk about what makes shrimp so tasty and how you can make shrimp at home just like in any restaurant. Shrimp is not a complicated dish once you know what you’re working with. You’ll usually want to start with fresh, raw, peeled and soaked shrimp. This will help your dish get more flavor, take less time, and taste as professional as a chef. You can use frozen shrimp but you’ll need to make sure it’s thawed properly before proceeding with any shrimp recipe!
Did you know that shrimp is good for you too?? It contains a lot of vitamins and minerals that our bodies may lack. Shrimp is also a great form of protein! Also… the shrimp cooks quickly. I mean fast as in, your plate will take 3-4 minutes and the shrimp are done. It’s a great ingredient to add to things like fried rice or macaroni. I especially love this recipe for garlic butter shrimp because it’s also great as a stand-alone appetizer at the party! It’s hard not to love it with its buttery finger licking taste!
What ingredients will you need
The easy, delicious recipes are my favourite. This option is sure to tick both boxes and all you’ll need is some fresh shrimp and a few kitchen essentials! See recipe card below for exact measurements.
- large shrimp: Shrimp should be fresh, raw, peeled and deveined!
- Salt and Pepper: Use this to add some flavor to fresh shrimp.
- ghee: Use unsalted butter! The butter will absorb into the shrimp, creating a deep, delicious flavour.
- Lemon: You can use fresh lemon juice or lemon juice that you may already have.
- garlic cloves: Minced garlic and cloves are essential to create a deep flavour.
- parsley: Garnished with fresh parsley!
How to cook shrimp with garlic butter
This recipe is literally a few easy steps and you’re done! In fact, it goes so fast that you’ll want to make sure you keep an eye on it while it’s cooking because it cooks quickly. Just follow these few easy steps and your shrimp will go from ordinary to extraordinary!
- Season the shrimp and melt the butter: Salt and pepper shrimp. In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add the juice of one lemon.
- Add garlic: Add chopped garlic and cloves.
- Shrimp cooking: Add shrimp and cook in garlic butter for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp are opaque.
- Garnish and enjoy! Garnished with chopped parsley.
Shrimp cooking tips
All you need to be able to cook shrimp to perfection are a few tips and tricks. Once you understand and practice, you’ll be cooking all kinds of new shrimp dishes in no time!
- Raw shrimp: Make sure your shrimp is raw (not precooked!) and look for pre-peeled and deveined shrimp. It will make this cooking process much faster!
- Don’t overcook it! The only way you can really destroy shrimp is by overcooking it. To avoid this, once it looks like a bit of an opaque pink and is a little wrinkled, it’s done! This will happen in only 3-4 minutes so watch carefully!
- tails on or off: It doesn’t matter if you leave the tails on or off. This will not affect its taste and cooking. Their tails usually make them a little easier to pick up and eat, but that’s entirely up to you!
- frozen shrimp: You can use fresh or frozen shrimp, just make sure it’s raw and uncooked beforehand! Frozen shrimp is usually cheaper and easier to get when you don’t live near the coast! Just make sure to thaw completely in the fridge before starting your recipe!
- fast cooking time: Since shrimp cook very quickly, it’s important to have everything ready before you start! Otherwise, any time you spend preparing while the shrimp is cooking will mean overcooking the shrimp!
Storage of cooked shrimp
Many people wonder if you can make any of this recipe before serving time, and also wonder how to store any leftovers! You can do both! Here are some tips for that.
- Prepare Forward: Because this dish is quick to cook, we don’t suggest cooking Shrimp early. However, if you want the shrimp to be thawed, deveined, peeled, and ready to put in the refrigerator before cooking time, this will make cooking very fast and much easier.
- Storage in the refrigerator: Store shrimp in an airtight container for 2-3 days.
- Freezing residue: In a sealed container, shrimp will keep in the freezer for up to two months.
- Reheat frozen cooked shrimp: Put the frozen cooked shrimp in the microwave until the desired temperature is reached!
Shrimp with salt and pepper. medium size frying pan On medium high heat, melt butter. Add the juice of one lemon.
Add chopped garlic and cloves.
Add shrimp and cook in garlic butter for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp are opaque.
Garnished with chopped parsley.
Calories107Calories (5%)carbohydrates1gprotein1g (2%)fat12g (18%)Saturated fat7g (35%)unsaturated fats1gMonounsaturated fat3gunsaturated fats1gcholesterol31mg (10%)sodium102mg (4%)potassium18mg (1%)the basic1g (4%)sugar1g (1%)Vitamin A355IU (7%)Vitamin C1mg (1%)Calcium10mg (1%)iron1mg (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, methods of measurement, and portion sizes for each household.