This site may contain affiliate links and advertisements so that we can serve you recipes. read my private policy.
Roasted Parmesan Pumpkin is soft, delicious and full of flavour! Mixed with these wonderful spices, once cooked, you will find a little piece of heaven!
Any vegetables you can roast and eat for a dime are a winner in my book! This recipe is especially delicious when served with some chicken and rice, this is perfect rolls, that’s delicious Salad. Collect them all and you’ll have a meal to remember!!
Acorn squash recipe
It’s about to fall which means it’s time for apples, pumpkins, and…squash! Squash is one of my favorite things to use in fall recipes! Acorn squash is one of those vegetables that adds a great ingredient to any meal and makes for some unique recipes all season long! The most famous is probably butternut squash It is equally delicious but has a slightly different taste and texture. Acorn squash is small, green on the outside and yellow-orange on the inside. It’s shaped… you guessed it! oak! Acorn squash is usually baked for the best flavor and texture.
Squash is great because you can safely leave it on your counter for a month or two! This means that you definitely have time to cook this recipe once or twice! Pick some when they’re on sale and grab this recipe whenever you can! To choose the perfect acorn squash, you should look for an equal type of orange and green. All green means it’s not ripe enough and extra orange means it’s overripe. A combination of the two makes the perfect pumpkin! Once you pick the perfect pumpkin, you can roast the pumpkin to perfection! This recipe is absolutely delicious and will surely be a recipe you will make again and again!
Roasted Acorn Pumpkin Ingredients
The ingredients you need to roast a squash are simple! Open your spice cabinet and I’m sure you’ll already have most of these ingredients that will make this recipe super fast! See recipe card below for a list of exact ingredient measurements.
- Squash acorn: Before you bake it, you will need to cut it into quarters!
- olive oil: This will help the seasoning stick to the squash, creating a great flavor!
- Parmesan: Cheese is a must to complete this recipe!
- Parsley, thyme and garlic powder: A blend of spices that brings out a delicious earthy flavour.
- Cayenne pepper: This will create some seasoning without excessive heat.
- Salt and Pepper: These will enchant the taste of all the other ingredients!
How to Roast Pumpkin with Parmesan Cheese
This recipe only takes a few minutes to prepare! It’s very simple and the longest part is waiting for it to bake! You’ll love how roasting these squash makes them taste so good!
- to equip: Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the pumpkin on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- mix and wrapIn a small bowl, combine oil, Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt, garlic powder, thyme, cayenne pepper, and pepper. Then, sprinkle the mixture over the squash until it is evenly covered.
- Bread: Place in the oven and bake for 30-38 minutes or until cooked through and browned.
How to eat delicious squash
Since squash can be cooked in so many different ways, a common question I get asked is how to eat it! Here are a few ways you can enjoy delicious roasted Parmesan squash! Whichever way you like it will be delicious!
- Can I eat the skin? Yes! When the whole squash is roasted this way, the skin is soft enough to eat and it’s absolutely delicious!
- Can I eat it without the skin? Yes again! If eating vegetable peels isn’t your thing, don’t worry! When roasted squash is cooked in bread, the peel is so soft that it separates from the flesh quite easily. This makes it easy to eat skinless!
Types of easy acorn squash
Roasted squash can be turned into a sweet or savory dish. Variety is one of the reasons I love it so much! Here are some ideas to switch this up a bit!
- Add greens and feta: Make a salad with it! Get some greens and feta cheese and chop up this roasted squash and mix it all together. It will make an amazing salad!
- Make it sweet Add some drink. Yes, you read that right, add a drink! Instead of using these seasonings, cut the squash into quarters and sprinkle 1 teaspoon of brown sugar in the middle of each quarter. Once done, sprinkle a little maple syrup on top and bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes or until the squash is tender!
- Bake the seeds: Don’t let any part of this gourd go to waste! When you filter the squash, rinse the seeds and dry them with a paper towel. Put it on a baking tray and drizzle it with a little oil and sprinkle some garlic salt on it. Pop them in the oven at 325 degrees for 15-20 minutes and you’ll have some delicious seeds to eat alongside your roasted Parmesan squash!
How to store roasted yellow squash
I’m not sure you’ll have any leftovers because this is so delicious! But if you do, here’s how to properly store and reheat them.
- refrigerator: After the squash has cooled, store it in an airtight container and place it in the refrigerator. It will last 3-5 days.
- Reheat: To reheat, grill for 2-4 minutes or until squash has golden edges.
Heat the oven to 400 degrees. put the pumpkin on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a small bowl, combine oil, Parmesan, parsley, salt, garlic powder, thyme, cayenne pepper, and pepper.
Pour the mixture over the squash to coat evenly. Place in the oven and bake for 30-38 minutes or until cooked through and browned.
Calories325Calories (16%)carbohydrates39g (13%)protein5g (10%)fat19g (29%)Saturated fat3g (15th%)unsaturated fats2gMonounsaturated fat13gcholesterol2mg (1%)sodiumthree hundred fiftymg (15th%)potassium1599mg (46%)the basic7g (28%)sugar10g (11%)Vitamin A6277IU (126%)Vitamin C56mg (68%)Calcium159mg (16%)iron3mg (17%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, methods of measurement, and portion sizes for each household.