This protein-packed cheese and egg bread with spinach and chicken sausage is filling and delicious. enjoy your breakfastOr lunch or dinner with a Salad And some crunchy bread.
Egg Quraish cheese and sausage frittata
As you heard me mention, I was trying to get more protein in all of my meals. Eggs are already high in protein, so cheese and eggs together add extra protein, making them ideal for people who don’t like the taste of cottage cheese. For more recipes that use cheese, see my High protein bread, Salty cottage cheese, And the Strawberry Protein Smoothie.
I love cottage cheese and have tried using it in recipes. Loved how this Egg Cottage and Sausage Frittata turned out. It’s a delicious, high-protein breakfast and a great way to eat cheese if you’re not a regular fan of it.
This sausage frittata almost reminds me of my Italian father-in-law, who uses ricotta. I also added Pecorino Romano cheese and Italian sausage for flavor, plus some baby spinach. Cottage cheese gives the frittata a nice texture and adds more protein to the eggs.
What is a good protein-rich breakfast?
A high-protein breakfast is considered high if it contains at least 15-20 grams of protein. Cottage cheese is clearly a great choice, as one cup can contain more than 25 grams of protein. Here are some protein-rich breakfast ideas:
- Quiches: Quiche Loren without peel, Ham and Swiss Crustless Quiche
- Omelette: Omelette breakfast tortilla wrap, Herbal Goat Cheese Omelette With Nova Lux
- Breakfast dishes: Chorizo breakfast bowl, Breakfast taco scramble
- Sandwiches: BLT breakfast sandwich, Bacon sandwich, eggs, avocado bagel, PBJ is High protein bread
- Egg Casserole: Tex-mex breakfast casserole, Breakfast casserole, sausages, cheese and vegetables
- Eggs Benedict: Crab cakes Benedict, Swiss chard eggs Benedict
- Greek yogurt: Greek yogurt with berries, nuts and honey
What fryer do you use for frittata?
You will need an oven-safe skillet to make a frittata. It starts on the stove but ends in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Use a non-stick skillet that can be placed in a 350-degree oven or cast iron skillet.
How to prepare a frittata meal:
Fritatas can be pre-prepared and reheated, great for preparing meals. Simply place the baked frittata into four meal prep containers, cover, and refrigerate for three to four days.
To eat food, bring it to room temperature, or reheat it in the microwave at 30-second intervals until it is fully heated.
What is served with frittata?
Fritatas are excellent on their own because they are full of satiety as they are rich in protein. If you want to finish your meal, I have some suggestions for you:
- For breakfast, I serve an Italian sausage frittata with Hash brownOr fruit or whole grain bread.
- For lunch or dinner, have a frittata with a salad and bread or a vegetable side dish.
- Pour spinach on Swiss chard or cabbage, or try it with broccoli or paprika instead.
- Use Italian turkey sausage if you cannot find chicken.
- Instead of frittata, mix eggs and eat like vegan sausage.
- Make sausage frittata by pouring egg mixture into a muffin pan and baking at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
More frittata recipes you’ll love:
Baked egg with cheese (frittata)
This protein-packed cheese and egg bread with spinach and chicken sausage is filling and delicious. Enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner with a salad and some crunchy bread.
- Cooking spray
- 1 Connect Italian chicken sausage, Casings removed
- 8 Large eggs
- 1/2 Glass 1% cottage cheese, I like good culture
- 1/2 Glass Grated Pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 1 Glass Chopped baby spinach
- 3/4 small spoon Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Move the oven rack to the second highest level.
Gently spray a 10-inch oven-safe frying pan with cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, cottage cheese, pecorino, spinach, and salt and pepper. Sit aside.
Add sausages to a skillet, cut into small pieces with a wooden spoon over medium heat and cook, until brown and soft, about 4 minutes.
Add the egg mixture to the pan and cook for one minute until the bottom is firm.
Bake in the oven until firmly on top, about 16 to 18 minutes.
Using a spatula, carefully remove the frittata from the skillet on a cutting board and cut into 4 wedges.
Serve with salad and wholegrain bread, if desired.
service: 1wedge, Calories: 233Calories, Carbohydrates: 2G, protein: 21.5G, Fat: 15thG, Saturated fat: 5.5G, Cholesterol: 386Mg, sodium: 723Mg, the basic: 0.5G, sugar: 1G
Blue Smart Points: 3
Green Smart Points: 7
Purple Smart Dots: 3
Key words: Cheese egg bread, cheese egg, high protein breakfast