This site may contain affiliate links and advertisements so that we can serve you recipes. read my private policy.
Healthy and delicious honey garlic chicken with a layer of sticky sweet garlic. It only takes 5 ingredients to make the marinade and it cooks in less than 10 minutes.
This will be your new favorite roast chicken for barbecue or just everyday meals. If you like crazy grilled chicken dishes, you should try my dishes grillAnd the Hawaii, And the California avocado Chicken too!
Quick and easy honey and garlic chicken recipe
If you’re looking for a delicious, tender chicken recipe with sticky garlic sauce, look no further. This honey and garlic chicken is so tender and delicious, it burns perfectly on the grill and gets moist and delicious every time. The best part about this chicken with honey and garlic, it only takes a few staples And the It’s healthy! Anything that tastes good but won’t kill my diet gets an A+ in my book.
Although grilling chicken is very easy, it is difficult to do it right. Over the years, I’ve ended up with grilled chicken that is tough and chewy. Having proper marinade and cooking techniques is very important. I will walk you step by step to achieve this delicious chicken. My family loves it and I know yours will too!
Ingredients for grilled chicken with honey and garlic
Don’t let the simple ingredient list fool you, this honey and garlic chicken has big, refined flavor with the perfect seasoning. Your family will cheer with this dinner recipe! For all ingredient measurements, see recipe card below.
- Uncooked chicken: You can use thighs or chicken breasts.
- honey: To sweeten and give the marinade its perfect sticky texture.
- I willow: For the perfect and delicious seasoning base.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Helps soften chicken and add a sweet, crunchy flavor.
- garlic: chopped.
- Lemon juiceFresh juice of a small lemon. While fresh lemon juice adds the best flavor, you can also substitute it with bottled lemon juice.
- Sesame seeds and green onions: Optional for decoration.
How to make chicken with honey and garlic
Since this chicken is so easy to cook and cooked in minutes, you have more time to prepare a delicious side like Greek broccoli pasta salad A perfect summer meal! In just a few quick steps, your honey and garlic chicken will be on your table in no time!
- Prepare the marinade: In a small bowl, whisk together honey, soy sauce, garlic, and lemon. Save ½ cup of the sauce
- Add to chicken: Add remaining sauce to chicken in a medium bowl and let marinate for 30 minutes.
- grillHeat a grill over medium-high heat and grill the chicken, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until no pink. Season occasionally with reserved marinade during last 5 minutes.
- Entrees: Add green onions and sesame seeds if desired.
Grilled chicken tips and tricks
Your chicken will come out tender and delicious every time by following these simple tips! These tips will help you make the best honey and garlic chicken right on the grill!
- chicken thickness: Large chicken pieces take longer to roast. Chicken usually cooks in 3-5 minutes on both sides, but if the pieces are thicker, you may need to add more time.
- Grease grill: Grease the grill with oil before cooking to prevent the chicken from sticking to it.
- Often: Seasoning the chicken frequently during the cooking process will ensure a perfectly caramelized outer layer.
- Cover your grill: Not covering the grill means longer cooking times. It also prevents the chicken from being completely surrounded by the hot air to be evenly cooked.
- Thin chicken breasts: If one chicken breast is thicker than the rest, hit it with a mallet before cooking to make sure it cooks at the same rate as the other.
- How do you know when the chicken is done: When the juices become clear or the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit, the chicken is done.
Storing grilled chicken with honey and garlic
Chicken with honey and garlic is the perfect meal to prepare, freeze and reheat with these simple tips!
- in the fridge: Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- in the fridge: Store roast chicken in the freezer in an airtight container for up to 4 months. Let it melt before reheating.
- Reheat: The best way to reheat roast chicken is in the oven. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
In a small bowl, whisk together honey, soy sauce, garlic, and lemon. Reserve ½ cup of the sauce and add the rest of the sauce to the chicken in a medium bowl and let it marinate for 30 minutes.
heat grill Over medium-high heat and grill the chicken, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until the pink color is gone. Season occasionally with reserved marinade during last 5 minutes. Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds, if desired.
Calories426Calories (21%)carbohydrates25g (8%)protein26g (52%)Fat25g (38%)Saturated fat7g (35%)unsaturated fats5gMonounsaturated fat10gunsaturated fats1gcholesterol148mg (49%)sodium658mg (27%)potassium353mg (10%)the basic1g (4%)sugar23g (26%)Vitamin A118IU (2%)Vitamin C1mg (1%)Calcium19mg (2%)iron1mg (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, methods of measurement, and portion sizes for each household.