This one-time, chocolate-baked oatmeal is easy to make – a very healthy breakfast recipe that tastes like dessert!
If you are bored with cereal everyday, you should definitely try this chocolate oatmeal.
Filled with rich chocolate and heart-healthy oatmeal, it’s the perfect balance between a healthy and delicious night owl, and even a die-hard night owl will actually be Wants To get out of bed in the morning for breakfast.
Baked oat cakes It is very popular on social media at the moment; If you’ve spent more than 30 seconds on instagram or tiktok in the last few months, you’ve probably seen them everywhere!
Try this too Banana bread in a cup
Today’s recipe is a chocolate version of my country One serving of baked oatmeal.
You can choose to mix it before baking until the results turn into an oatmeal cake, or skip the blending step if you are in a hurry or prefer some texture over baked oats.
I baked it in a small one-cup bowl because I wanted to make sure the middle would remain undercooked and sticky. If you want to cook your oatmeal cake evenly instead, use a wide and shallow baking dish, such as a 7 x 5 skillet, instead of the bowl.
chocolate Lava oats: You have two options for lava filling – either add up to three tablespoons of your favorite seeds or nut butter (like chocolate almond butter), or add a few squares of your favorite chocolate bar.
Baked oats with protein: Feel free to substitute the cocoa powder in the recipe with the chocolate protein powder. Including optional peanut butter also increases protein.
Oatmeal baked with coffee and chocolate: Stir half a teaspoon of instant coffee into the mixture. Or substitute two tablespoons of your favorite milk for a fermented espresso.
More flavor ideas: Add a teaspoon of cinnamon or pure vanilla extract, a handful of grated coconut or some small chocolate chips, or stir in a few drops of pure mint, coconut extract, or almonds.
Above, see a video of chocolate-baked oatmeal
- 1/2 cup Oatmeal flakes
- 1 Tablespoon Cocoa powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Favorite milk
- 1/4 cup Yogurt, mashed banana, or mashed sweet potatoes
- 2 Tablespoon Favorite sweetener
- Optional lava filler (see above)
* I like the sticky center, but if you want it to be cooked evenly instead, use a wide and shallow baking dish (like 7 x 5) instead of ramekin.If you are using an oven, preheat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, stir all ingredients, mix if desired, and pour 2/3 of the mixture into an oven-safe dish. Add the filling if you are using it, then add it to the remaining mixture. (Watch the step-by-step recipe video above.) Bake for 25 minutes or in the microwave for 1-2 minutes. Add any layer if desired.View nutrition facts
More healthy chocolate breakfast recipes
Or these Keto protein bars