This site may contain affiliate links and advertisements so that we can serve you recipes. read my private policy.
Pork Chops with Apple Bacon Sauce is the answer to what to eat for dinner! Delicious pork is dipped in a sweet and savory sauce that will wow your taste buds!
Pork is a powerful, protein-packed food. Try the pork in these real favorites, sweet and bitterAnd Easy Pork Schnitzel, And Pork chops juicy air fryer.
Pork chops with apple recipe
I love a good pork dish, including mine Bone ribs fallAnd Beef and cheese slider, and my Pork chops with mushrooms. Now I can add pork chops with apples! This is one of the best recipes I’ve ever had! The spicy rub on pork kicks off the flavor kick with just a touch of heat. Then you can cook it in bacon broth and add a layer of salt. Then add the apples for a caramelized sweetness. You and your loved ones will love this explosion of flavor!
This is an easy recipe that comes together for an amazing dish. Perfect for Sunday dinner or a great weekday family meal, when the week just requires it. These pork chops with apples will look like you cheated all day, but we’ll keep the secret to ourselves. The freshness that comes from thyme and rosemary goes perfectly with smoked bacon and marinated pork chops. Only apples complete the whole dish. This sounds intimidating but trust me, this is super easy and totally divine!
What you need for pork chops with apples
The ingredients come together for an unparalleled blend of flavors. The sweetness of apples and the saltiness of bacon and ham is a combination made in heaven. You’ll love the Pork Chop with Applesauce recipe as you will your family. For all ingredient lists and measurements, see recipe card below.
- Bones in pork chops: The bones create a moist, more tender ham, but you can use the bone as well.
- Salt and Pepper: Add more or less as desired.
- Brown sugar: Both dark and light brown sugar will taste great.
- chili powder: Spicy, earthy spices add a little heat.
- Red pepperMade with dried red peppers, it adds vibrant color and mild flavor.
- Italian seasoningMake your own Italian seasoning for the best flavour.
- garlic powder: a golden tart flavor in this recipe.
- minced baconBacon increases flavor and adds a nice salty taste.
- Chicken brothMild-flavored, perfect broth for making a sauce.
- Dijon Mustard: Intense and complex blend of flavors creates a nice kick.
- Apple cider vinegarThe acidity helps soften the meat and add flavour.
- honeySweet golden honey adds flavor and a hint of caramel.
- fresh thymeMince fresh thyme and add a bright flavour.
- fresh rosemary: Fresh and aromatic, blends perfectly with pork.
- apple, slicedUse a good sweet and crunchy apple.
How to cook pork chops and apples
There are a few steps here but they come together really easily. The apples will soften into the sauce and give them flavor as they ripen. Make sure to cook your bacon until it’s crisp. You’ll add flavor and texture to your pork chops with apples.
- Pork seasoning: Salt and pepper pork chops. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, chili powder, paprika, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder. Rub all sides of the pork chops.
- Bacon cooking: In a large skillet, add the bacon and cook until the pink color disappears. Remove from skillet with a perforated spoon and set aside on a plate.
- Pork cooking: Add the pork chops to the skillet and cook until no pink and 145 degrees. Remove pork chops and set aside on a plate.
- Pork chops sauce: Add chicken broth, Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, honey, thyme and rosemary. Whisk the mixture until it begins to boil over low heat, reduce the heat and add the apples. Allow the sauce to dissolve and simmer the apples until they begin to soften.
- Put it together: Add pork chops and bacon and let it heat up.
Tips for the perfect pork chops with apple bacon sauce
Pork cooks faster than you think. You don’t want to overcook it. The sauce helps keep the pork tender and moist. The bacon will add flavor as well as keep it juicy.
- pork meat: Pork chops are lean cuts, especially if you’re using boneless ham slices. Lean meat will cook faster than other cuts. Use a meat thermometer and cook until pork is 145 degrees. This way you will avoid dry pork. You can use both the bone and the inside.
- measuring: Try to keep the pork chops the same size when you buy them, and they will cook evenly.
- spices: If you want to tone down the spice, you can reduce the amount of chili powder. If you want it spicier, add ½ teaspoon more.
- bacon: Use thicker pieces of bacon. It is easy to cut and cook. Plus it will add more smoked goodness.
- An apple: Any good sweet and crunchy apple will work. I love jazz or apple jala. Avoid sour green apples. I find them very pungent.
What do you serve with pork chops
Pork chops with apples and bacon are effortlessly incredible. These make a wonderful family dinner. All you have to do is add some great side dishes to complete the meal. Pork chops go with many dishes including PotatoAnd authority And Carrots. bring them closer together Bread And you have a meal worth sitting on. Here are some other great options.
Making pork chops in a quick pot
Pork is a great candidate for cooking in your Instant Pot. It holds up well in the moment and comes out mushy and wonderful. It is an option not to interfere with the pork chops with the apple dish.
- bacon: Flip the Instant Pot to sauté and cook the bacon until tender. Remove the bacon and set it aside.
- Pork chops: Place the marinated pork chops in the prepared saucepan and sear both sides in the bacon fat.
- Add: Add remaining sauce ingredients and apples, flip Instant Pot to Manual and cook for 8-10 minutes. Let the press machine reposition manually. Served with preserved bacon.
Salt and pepper pork chops. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, chili powder, paprika, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder. Rub all sides of the pork chops.
in a big frying pan Add the bacon and cook until the pink color is gone. Remove it from the pan with a slotted spoon Set aside on a plate.
Add the pork chops to the skillet and cook until no pink and 145 degrees. Remove pork chops and set aside on a plate.
Add chicken broth, Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, honey, thyme and rosemary. Whisk the mixture until it begins to boil over low heat, reduce the heat and add the apples. Allow the sauce to dissolve and simmer the apples until they begin to soften.
Add pork chops and bacon and let it heat up.
Calories438Calories (22%)carbohydrates21g (7%)protein32g (64%)fat25g (38%)Saturated fat8g (40%)unsaturated fats4gMonounsaturated fat10gunsaturated fats1gcholesterol109mg (36%)sodium665mg (28%)potassium685mg (20%)the basic2g (8%)sugar16g (18%)Vitamin A426IU (9%)Vitamin C11mg (13%)Calcium59mg (6%)iron2mg (11%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, methods of measurement, and portion sizes for each household.