This site may contain affiliate links and advertisements so that we can serve you recipes. read my private policy.
Rhubarb, cinnamon and sugar cake is a real crowd pleaser! The complementary ingredients for the candy and tart are incredible and you’ll really lose your socks!
I love a good mix of flavors and this slice of heaven definitely checks this off the menu! It’s a wonderful dessert that absolutely everyone will love. Donuts are jam, and if they’re yours too, don’t miss out Chantilly Berry CakeAnd Apple praline cake And Kentucky butter cake!!
What is rhubarb?
Before I convince you to make this delicious cake, I should probably explain what’s inside! Rhubarb is a crunchy, crunchy vegetable with a tart texture similar to green apples or grapes. Because of the somewhat pungent taste, most people like to mix it with some sugar when baking! Which is why you see it mostly made pancakesAnd cakes, and cake! In addition to all of this, rhubarb looks like celery stalks except that it has a beautiful ruby red color that makes it look appetizing!
This recipe combines rhubarb with a mixture of cinnamon and sweet sugar and the flavor combinations are absolutely delicious. It’s an easy treat to enjoy at any time of the day and can not only be used as a dessert, but would be great for breakfast and lunch as well! Cinnamon really enriches the flavor and that’s what makes this cake so special. Eat it warm, straight from the oven, and top it a little Vanilla sundae And will definitely be back for seconds!
Ingredients for rhubarb cake with sugar and cinnamon
Of course, loads of rhubarb will be the main ingredient in this cake but everything else is very simple! You should have most of these ingredients on hand! See recipe card below for a list of exact measurements.
- ghee: Soften the butter to room temperature and make sure it’s unsalted!
- sugar: This helps create a softer texture in the cake!
- Brown sugar: Adds sweetness to resist sour rhubarb.
- an egg: It binds the dry ingredients together.
- Vanilla: It brings out the sweet flavor of the other ingredients.
- Lemon peel: Who doesn’t love what fresh lemon peel brings to a recipe??
- flour: All-purpose flour is what I used in this recipe.
- baking soda: This is what will give you the moist and fluffy texture of the cake!
- salt: Brings out the natural flavor of all the ingredients.
- Milk: If you don’t have anything on hand, try making delicious milk While that!
- rhubarb: Of course you need rhubarb for rhubarb cake!! Stack those cups, don’t hold back!
- granulated sugar and cinnamon: This toppings will take this cake to the next level! Don’t skip this!
How to make rhubarb cake
You’ll love fruits (veggies?!) for your effort on this cake! Quick and simple, you’ll have a delicious and innovative dessert in no time. Not only will you be able to keep it on the table, but you will definitely be asked more than once for the recipe!
- to equip: Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13 frying pan and set aside.
- mix up: In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter, sugar, and brown sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla, and lemon peel and beat until combined.
- screening: In a medium bowl, sift flour, baking soda and salt together.
- combine and: In 2-3 additions, alternately add curd and dry ingredients to wet ingredients in blender. Once well blended, mix in the chopped rhubarb by hand. Pour the mixture into the pan and pour the cinnamon sugar over it.
- Bake and serve: Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a clean knife comes out of the middle. Her feet are warm.
Tips for a rhubarb cake with sugar and cinnamon
Rhubarb Cake with Sugar and Cinnamon is quick and simple, but it has a lot of rhubarb flavor!
- Brown sugar and granulated sugar: The use of both white and brown sugars gives this cake a nice depth of sweetness to balance out the texture of the rhubarb. In a pinch, you can substitute one sugar for the other using whole granulated sugar or all-brown sugar!
- A heaping cup of rhubarb: Do not skimp on the amount of rhubarb! Use the three full cups of rhubarb to get the full flavor in this delicious cake.
- Frozen rhubarb: If fresh rhubarb is not available and you have frozen rhubarb, you can substitute 4 cups of frozen rhubarb. Make sure it’s thawed and drained of any water before folding it into the cake batter.
Storing rhubarb cake with sugar and cinnamon
The texture of this cake is heavenly! It is very moist due to the amount of rhubarb in it, which helps it to last for several days.
- Room temperature: Store this cake at room temperature and cover with plastic wrap for up to 5 days. It can be served at room temperature or warmed gently in the microwave.
- In the refrigerator: Alternatively, this cake can also be stored in the refrigerator but is not necessary. Refrigerating the cake will extend the shelf life of up to 7 days!
Heat the oven to 350 degrees. fat a 9 x 13 frying pan And we put it aside.
In a bowl Blender Beat butter, sugar, and brown sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla, and lemon peel and beat until combined.
In a medium bowl, sift flour, baking soda, and salt together.
In 2-3 additions, alternately add the curd and dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in a blender. Once well blended, mix in the chopped rhubarb by hand. Pour the mixture into the pan and pour the cinnamon and sugar over it.
Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a clean knife comes out of the middle. Her feet are warm.
Calories286Calories (14%)carbohydrates49g (16%)protein3g (6%)fat9g (14%)Saturated fat5g (25%)unsaturated fats1gMonounsaturated fat2gunsaturated fats1gcholesterol38mg (13%)sodium172mg (7%)potassium78mg (2%)the basic1g (4%)sugar32g (36%)Vitamin A293IU (6%)Vitamin C1mg (1%)Calcium45mg (5%)iron1mg (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, methods of measurement, and portion sizes for each household.