A healthy salmon salad with beets, watercress, pistachios, and pomegranates make salmon the focal point of this colorful salad.
Salmon salad with beetroot
This main dish salad is lovely and festive with so much red and pink that I think even men of the world can fall behind: grilled salmon, watercress, beets, radishes, goat cheese, pistachios, pomegranate seeds, capers, and mustard vinegar. It is perfect for lunch or dinner and is ready in less than thirty minutes. For more salads with salmon, try my own Salmon rocca salad with capers and grated parmesan And the Salmon and avocado salad.
This salad is packed with many good ingredients:
- SalmonCook the salmon on the stove for three to six minutes, depending on the size of the fillet.
- RoccaWatercress has a peppery flavor, but if it’s not your favorite, you can use half arugula and another green half, like baby spinach, or just use spinach.
- BeetsI wrap the beets in tin foil and roast them in the oven for about an hour. When it cools, peel it under running water, so that the beets do not stain your hands.
- radishRadish adds a nice peppery crunch.
- Goat cheeseCreamy goat cheese pairs well with beets.
- pistachio: The pistachios give this salad an extra dose of crunchy protein.
- pomegranatePomegranate seeds are a nice touch for a little sweetness.
- capersCapers add a refreshing, salty flavor.
- Mustard sauce: Mix Dijon mustard, white wine vinegar, and olive oil to get the best watercress sauce.
Types of authority:
- Replace the watercress with grated Brussels sprouts, baby spinach, or mixed greens.
- If you aren’t a fan of salmon, use sliced tuna, shrimp, or scallops instead.
- If you want to make the salad vegetarian, ignore the salmon. To make it vegetarian, skip the cheese, too.
- Sub-feta goat cheese.
- Swap the pistachios for the almond or pecan slices.
- If you do not have white wine vinegar, use red.
More salad recipes you’ll love:
Salmon, beetroot, rocca salad with pistachio and pomegranate
This lovely, heart-healthy salad makes the salmon fillet a focal point that rests on top of the colorful salad with many textures.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Olive oil spray
- 1 Teaspoon White wine vinegar
- ½ Teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- ½ fairy Wild salmonAnd the Cut into 2 slices
- Kosher salt
- 3 Glasses Rocca
- 1 Glass Cooked beetsAnd the 6 to 8 ounces, cut into small wedges *
- From 1 to 2 radishAnd the Thin slices
- 2 ounce Fresh goat cheeseAnd the Collapsed
- 2 Tablespoon pistachioAnd the Toasted and chopped
- 2 Tablespoon Pomegranate seeds
- 1 Tablespoon capers
Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. In a large bowl, mix 1 tablespoon of olive oil, vinegar and mustard. Sit aside.
Place a heavy-duty ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat and lightly spray with olive oil or grease.
Season the salmon on both sides with salt.
When the oil is very hot, add salmon (if the skin is sticky down) and use a spoon to gently press it to help the skin burn.
Leave cooking undisturbed for one to two minutes, until the skin is easily released from the pan and the edges become opaque, then turn over and transfer to the oven to finish cooking for 2 to 4 minutes, depending on the thickness and degree required. Sit aside.
Add the arugula and beets to the bowl with the sauce and stir until it is covered. Season with salt to taste.
Sprinkle the radish, goat cheese, pistachios, pomegranate seeds and capers.
Divide on two plates and place salmon and capers on top.
service: 1SaladAnd the Calories: 437CaloriesAnd the Carbohydrates: 18GAnd the protein: 33.5GAnd the Fat: 26.5GAnd the Saturated fat: 8.3GAnd the Cholesterol: 85MgAnd the sodium: 727.5MgAnd the the basic: 4.5GAnd the sugar: 12G
Blue Smart Points: 8
Green Smart Points: 11
Purple Smart Dots: 8
Key words: Main dish, salmon salad, winter salad