Shrimp “cook” in lime juice to make this delicious shrimp ceviche, with fresh cilantro, cucumber, and jalapeno. The perfect summer appetizer!
This ceviche recipe is super easy and sure to impress. Plus, no oven or stove is needed, which makes it perfect for summer. Simply mix the shrimp, onion, lemon juice and salt for 20 minutes, then add the other vegetables. This is! Serve with tortilla chips for a delicious appetizer for the beach house, boat, or backyard. Here are some ceviche-inspired recipes Shrimp ceviche cocktailAnd the canned tuna cevicheAnd the Ceviche Mushroom Vegetarian, And the Ceviche cups.
How to make shrimp ceviche
The key to shrimp ceviche is to use very fresh shrimp, preferably caught on the same day you plan to eat them. If you don’t have access to fresh shrimp, frozen wild shrimp, cooked shrimp, or fresh white fish.
Shrimp only take about 20 minutes to “cook” in the lemon juice. Once shrimp are opaque, they are ready.
How long does ceviche last?
It’s best to eat the shrimp ceviche the day you make it so bacteria don’t start to grow. It will keep in the refrigerator for up to 1 day if you start with upright shrimp.
How do you serve
Ceviche makes the perfect appetizer or light dinner. I like to eat it as a dip with tortilla chips or banana chips, but ceviche would also be great as tacos, tostadas, or in salads.
- Add avocado or red pepper to the ceviche.
- For a spicy ceviche, keep the ribs and seeds in the jalapeño. If you prefer it milder, remove it.
- Replace the jalapeño with serrano.
- Make shrimp a fresh white fish, such as mahi-mahi, striped bass, or flounder.
- Use cooked shrimp if you don’t have fresh, raw shrimp.
More shrimp recipes you’ll love:
Fresh shrimp “cook” in lime juice to make this fresh and delicious shrimp ceviche, with fresh cilantro, cucumber and jalapeño. The perfect summer appetizer!
- 1 fairy Fresh shrimp, peeled and deodorizedAnd the chopped (preferably wild)
- 1 cup Fresh lemon juiceAnd the From 6 to 9 lemons
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion أحمر
- 1 1/2 small spoons kosher salt
- 2/3 cup Cucumber, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 to 2 jalapenoAnd the Stems and cut into rings
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander
- 1 green onionAnd the section
- Tortilla chips or banana chipsAnd the to apply
In a large bowl, combine shrimp, lemon juice, red onion, and salt.
Leave for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until opaque.
Add cucumber, jalapeno, cilantro, and green onion.
Serve immediately with potato chips.
service: 1cupAnd the Calories: 147CaloriesAnd the Carbohydrates: 7gAnd the protein: 24gAnd the Fat: 2gAnd the Saturated fat: 1gAnd the Cholesterol: 167mgAnd the sodium: 553mgAnd the the basic: 1gAnd the sugar: 2g
Blue Smart Dots: 1
Green Smart Points: 2
Purple smart points: 1
Key words: Beach house recipes, recipes for boats, shrimp ceviche, summer recipes