This beef and broccoli take only a few minutes slow cooking. My top five favorite recipes on the blog!
Beef and broccoli
I prepared this recipe when I first started my blog. It’s still in my top five favorite recipes right here on the blog. I love beef and broccoli and always order it when we go outside. Well, this recipe is better than takeout and only takes minutes to place in the slow cooker!
This recipe was due to a much-needed image update. The first photo I took was just not applying this recipe fairly. Luckily people still take my word for how great this recipe is and it gets countless great reviews! We hope these updated photos will convince you to try this recipe for yourself. Not only will you see how easy it is to make it, but also how insanely delicious it is!
What you need for making Chinese beef and broccoli
If you only make one recipe from my blog and are a fan of beef and cauliflower … you should make this one. Like going to the store, buying ingredients and making them ASAP! It’s so good that it’ll be the biggest hit on the dinner table. You’ll make it over and over again, just like we do!
- Roast beef chuck: Boneless and cut into thin slices before adding to the bowl.
- Beef broth or meat broth: It adds flavor and liquidity and coats the meat while it cooks.
- Low-sodium soy sauce: It adds a wonderful salty flavor.
- Dark brown sugar: I love the sweetness of molasses, which is rich in brown sugar.
- Sesame oil: Combine with soy sauce and broth to make the liquid for cooking beef.
- Garlic cloves: The chopped garlic will add the pungent spice flavor.
- Corn Starch: The sauce thickens.
- Frozen broccoli florets: About 3 cups (I used 1 14-ounce sachet)
- White or brown rice: This amazing broccoli and beef is served with cooked rice!
Easy and quick steps to make beef and broccoli
Making this recipe again today reminded me of how BOMB it is. Gorgeous! The flavor is incredible. There is just something about cooking this meat all day in the slow cooker that makes it tender and melts in your mouth. Cooked perfectly. And the flavor of the sauce is amazing. Just as you would expect in a restaurant.
- Whisk sauce: In a mixing bowl, whisk together beef, soy sauce, dark brown sugar, sesame oil, and garlic together.
- Add beef to Crockpot: Place the beef strips in a crock pot and pour the sauce over them, turning the slices to cover.
- Cooks: Turn the cooking pot over low heat and let it cook for 6 hours. Mine was ready at five o’clock. You don’t want to cook the meat for too long, or it will start chopping.
- Make a slurry and add it to the crock pot: When it’s fully cooked, take 4 tablespoons of the sauce and blend it in a small bowl with the cornstarch. Slowly stir this in the crock pot.
- Add broccoli and continue cooking: I added broccoli right after the slurry so it could be heated up. You want to let it cook for an additional 30 minutes until the sauce thickens and the frozen broccoli can be cooked. You don’t want to add the broccoli until the end, or it will be tender.
- Serves: It is great on its own or over white rice. Enjoy !!
Do I need to defrost broccoli if I am using a freezer?
You don’t need to thaw. Add it directly to the crock pot after adding the cornstarch mixture and let it heat up for 30 minutes.
Can I prepare this recipe in advance?
This recipe can be prepared in the future! Allow it to cool completely before storing and do not leave it at room temperature for more than 2 hours. It will stay well if stored properly in an airtight container for 2-4 days in the refrigerator or 2-4 months in the freezer. Defrost in the refrigerator overnight then use within 3-4 days of thawing. If you defrost it in the microwave, eat food right away and throw it away.
More slow-cooker beef recipes
Slow cooking is one of the best ways to get incredibly tender beef every time. Allows the fibers to break down the tenderity of the meat. Adding sauces and flavors and then slow cooking over time adds flavor to the meat. Slow-cooked beef is still one of the best ways to cook it. Try these tried-and-true favorites tonight!
Slow cooked beef and broccoli
Preparation time 15th Session minutes
Cooking time 6 Hours
Total time 6 Hours 15th Session minutes
Servings 6 Persons
This beef and broccoli take only a few minutes slow cooking. The meat melts in your mouth and takes the flavor out of this world! My top five favorite recipes on the blog!
Roast chuck beef
Boneless, cut into thin slices
Beef or beef broth
Low-sodium soy sauce
Dark brown sugar
Cloves of minced garlic
Frozen broccoli florets
About 3 cups (I used 1 14-ounce sachet)
White or brown rice
at Mixing bowlWhisk together beef, soy sauce, dark brown sugar, sesame oil, and garlic.
Place the beef strips in a crock pot and pour the sauce over them, turning the slices to cover.
Turn the Clay pot On low heat and cook for 6 hours. Mine was ready at five o’clock. You don’t want to cook the meat for too long, or it will start chopping.
About an hour before maturing, take 1¼4 cup of the sauce and blend it in a small bowl with cornstarch. Slowly stir this in the crock pot. Add the broccoli in the last 30 minutes and let the broccoli simmer. You don’t want to add the broccoli until the end, or it will be tender.
Serve on white rice and enjoy !!
Updated March 7, 2021
Originally published November 21, 2012
Calories299Calories (15th%)Carbohydrates17G (6%)protein23G (46%)Fat16G (25%)Saturated fat6G (30%)Cholesterol78Mg (26%)sodium953Mg (40%)Potassium459Mg (13%)the basic1G (4%)sugar12G (13%)Vitamin A15thIUVitamin C1Mg (1%)Calcium38Mg (4%)iron3Mg (17%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will differ depending on the brands you use, the methods of measurement, and portion sizes for each household.