This site may contain affiliate links and advertisements so that we can serve you recipes. read my private policy.
The pork carnitas tacos are hearty, juicy and insanely delicious! They will satisfy even the pickiest of eaters and everyone will keep coming back for more!
Simple and delicious, these pork tacos will definitely be on your regular menu! They are so full of flavor and you won’t be able to stop yourself from making them over and over again! If you like pork just like me, go ahead and try sweet and bitterAnd Balsamic brown sugar, And Grilled Tuscan Pork Skewers!
Authentic Pork Carnitas Taco Recipe
The Pork carnitas In these tacos are so juicy and tender! Once you add the toppings, they really make delicious tacos! Take your tacos a step further and make life easy on yourself…Go ahead and double the recipe! See storage tips below to learn how to store (or even freeze) pork carnitas tacos for later. This way, you can have some on hand to prepare some dishes like this macaroni as well as these Toast!
The best thing about tacos is that they are suitable for any crowd! Get a variety of toppings for these tacos and they will appeal to all of your guests! This is what makes it easy to serve up a dish for anyone (kids included!) because it’s so versatile and delicious. In fact, try serving it with this corn and this is Salad It will be a complete meal everyone will go crazy! Go ahead and try it! I am sure you will love it as much as I do!
What you need pork carnitas
The ingredient list is simple and things you probably already have on hand! If you don’t then they are definitely things you will use later! These pork carnitas tacos will be so worth it! See recipe card below for exact measurements.
- Roast pork shoulder: Choose high-quality meat with your butcher. She’s the star of the recipe and wants her to be a cutie!
- chili powderCumin is a warm spice that lends a great taste to the rub.
- cumin: This flavor is often found in taco seasoning!
- spices: This has a wonderful earthy flavor that compliments the other spices!
- Willt & pepper: This brings out the natural flavors of the other ingredients.
- Orange and lime juice: These flavors will help add an overall citrus flavor.
- garlic clovesMince a clove of fresh garlic. If you do not have anything on hand, you can use chopped garlic in the refrigerator. ½ teaspoon equals approx. Clove garlic.
- Onion: Quarter this onion to make sure the flavor can be savored throughout the taco!
- Optional extras: Tomatoes, red onions, cojeta cheese and coriander.
How to Make a Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas Tacos
The hardest part about this recipe is getting the ingredients out and measuring them. It’s so easy to put this together and get it to cook! Just put it in this slow cooker and you’ll have delicious, juicy ham ready to eat in no time!
- Mix the spices and rubIn a small bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper. Rub the outside of the pork shoulder, scrub well.
- Add juices to porkIn the slow cooker, combine orange juice, lemon juice, garlic, and onion. Put pork on top. Simmer on low heat for 8 hours or 4-5 hours.
- shred: Remove the roast from the slow cooker and chop it up. Return to the slow cooker and reheat for an additional 30 minutes.
- barbeque: Remove the pork from the slow cooker and place it on a baking sheet. Roast in the oven for 3-4 minutes to brown the edges of the pork.
- Group and add layerTo assemble the tacos, place the tortillas on a flat surface. Add an optional layer.
Best Tips for Pork Carnitas
These tacos are so versatile that you can make them in a number of different ways! It will add delicious flavor and taste to whatever you use it for. Here are some other ideas to help you switch up your pork carnitas tacos!
- covers: Sprinkle generously with fresh cilantro, onion, lime juice, shredded cheese, and guacamole or pico de gallo.
- Tortilla: you can use corn or flour Tortillas, to your liking!
- Make it a salad: If tacos aren’t your thing, grab your favorite veggies and add them in as a protein! Keep the same toppings and they will be insanely delicious!
How to store cooked pork
Believe me, this recipe will make a huge amount of meat! I love this because then I can use it later for additional recipes! Here are my tips on how to properly store pork so that it lasts as long as possible.
- refrigerator: Place the cooked ham in a shallow, airtight container or wrap tightly with heavy-duty aluminum foil or plastic wrap. Pork will keep in the fridge for 3-5 days.
- freezer: If you can’t consume all of that juicy pollen in 5 days, put it in an airtight container (be sure to stick the date on it!) in the freezer for up to 3 months.
In a small bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper. Rub the outside of the pork shoulder, scrub well.
In the slow cookerCombine orange juice, lemon juice, garlic and onion. Put pork on top. Simmer on low for 8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
Remove the roast from the slow cooker and chop it up. Return to the slow cooker and reheat for an additional 30 minutes.
Remove the pork from the slow cooker and put it on a baking sheet. Roast in the oven for 3-4 minutes to brown the edges of the pork.
To assemble the tacos, place the tortillas on a flat surface. Add an optional layer.
Calories434Calories (22%)carbohydrates5g (2%)protein55g (110%)fat20g (31%)Saturated fat7g (35%)unsaturated fats2gMonounsaturated fat9gcholesterol185mg (62%)sodium828mg (35%)potassium1104mg (32%)the basic2g (8%)sugar1g (1%)Vitamin A884IU (18%)Vitamin C8mg (10%)Calcium71mg (7%)iron4mg (22%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, methods of measurement, and portion sizes for each household.