These oatmeal chocolate chip bars are a delicious treat. It’s thick and chewable, and filled with sweet chocolate chips, perfect for any occasion. A bonus that is very easy to make!
Easy oatmeal chocolate bars
If you like oatmeal cookies, you’ll love these bars! The cute large chunks are fully chewable and each piece contains a lot of chocolate. We use both chocolate chips and chocolate bars to get the best texture. The chips melt into the bars while the smaller bits give you bites of the chocolate. They are not resisting.
This is a recipe that gets brought to your meals and picnics and always meets great reviews. Just try to bring them to your next encounter; They will quickly disappear from the table!
How to Make Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
The hardest part about making oatmeal chocolate chip bars is waiting for them to cool. It smells so good that you’ll want to chop it up right away! But if you want neatly trimmed edges, you’ll need a little patience and wait for them to cool.
- Mix together: Whisk the butter and sugars, then add the rest of the wet ingredients.
- Dry ingredients: Add all the dry ingredients at once and mix by hand.
- Pan preparation: Put the thick mixture in a baking dish and top it with extra chocolate chips.
- Bread: Now bake the bars until golden brown.
Many ways to enjoy oat bars
This is a very simple and great dessert recipe to prepare when baking with the kids or on short notice.
- chocolate: Use white chocolate chips and chips.
- coconut: Add half a cup of grated coconut to the mixture.
- raisin: Mix 1 cup of raisins.
- cinnamon: Add a teaspoon of cinnamon to some spices.
- Cocoa powder: Mix half a cup of cocoa powder into the mixture for a true chocolate experience.
How to store oat bars with chocolate chips
If there are any dessert bars left, they make an excellent sweet breakfast. We love to enjoy it with a hot cup of coffee! Once these bars have cooled completely it is best to store them in a covered container at room temperature.
- How long do these bars last? The Chocolate Chip Oat Bars will stay fresh for about 3 days.
- Frozen oatmeal chocolate chip bars: These bars freeze well. Cut them into sheets, then freeze them on a baking sheet lined with paper. Once frozen, place it in a freezer bowl and store it for up to three months.
I love how easy it is to make candy bars like mine Mom Nanaimo bar. These bars are perfect for any special occasion, a crowd feeding or a quick dessert for an after school snack. Try these delicious bars today!
In a large bowl, mix butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar Blender Until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
Add eggs, milk and vanilla and beat until combined.
Transfer the mixture to a baking dish and gently press the top down until smooth. Add half a reserved cup of chocolate chips and chocolate chips.
Bake for 20-25 minutes if you use a 9 x 13 “skillet or 25-30 minutes if you use a 9 x 9” skillet. The edges should be golden and the center should not wobble if you shake the skillet. Allow the bars to cool completely before cutting into squares.
Calories364Calories (18%)Carbohydrates43G (14%)protein5G (10%)Fat20G (31%)Saturated fat12G (60%)Unsaturated fats1GCholesterol56Mg (19%)sodium298Mg (12%)Potassium138Mg (4%)the basic2G (8%)sugar24G (27%)Vitamin A420IU (8%)Vitamin C1Mg (1%)Calcium43Mg (4%)iron2Mg (11%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will differ depending on the brands you use, the methods of measurement, and portion sizes for each household.